My Blazers are one of my wardrobe staples
My favourite is a navy one is something I would not be without in my wardrobe as it goes with so many outfits, it can look chic, casual, sporty or smart depending on what you put it with.
I remember having one in the eighties double breasted with gold buttons which was the trend at that time and I have replaced them ever since. The Boyfriend one a few years back, ones with turned back cuffs but I feel that it is a staple in any wardrobe whatever your style.
They come in all shapes and sizes depending on which shape is good for you, fitted at the waist, short and boxy or long line the choice is yours!! Mine is fitted to give the illusion of a waist as I don’t have one.
How to Wear Your Blazer ( One of my wardrobe staple items)
- My favourite look is with a pair of denim jeans, crisp white blouse, red jumper and a pair of loafers, you could tie a scarf in the neck.
- White Jeans are an option in the summer with a nice T shirt, add the blazer for those cooler evenings
- Pair of 7/8th trousers or even a smart pair of shorts for the younger lady
- It goes over a nice dress as a jacket
- It can be worn with a co-ordinated skirt or trousers for a more formal look.
- I always take it on holiday with me to travel in as it looks smart and then can be used whilst away with so many outfits.
Who Wears Them?
Everyone, all the style icons are wearing them and they are putting their own twist on their outfits. I always admire Kate Middleton and love a lot of what she wears and I have seen her in this look with Jeans and a T. I know that a lot of ladies like to wear black but my Blazer is in Navy as Black is too harsh a colour for me to wear next to my face but you are spoilt for colours on the High Street. White is a good colour for the summer also great with jeans but no good if you attract the dirt!! Blazers are good to take on holiday as you can wear them on the flight out and it will work as a jacket/coat or cardigan whilst you are away and as you can see from above it makes so many outfits. My advise is to go for a good quality one, as it will last for many years and will stand the test of time.
If you need any help or advise on colours or style please contact me for a chat and find out how I can help you