Ten Essentials to pack for a holiday in the sun
1) Sunscreen is a must – One I can recommend is P20 it is expensive but it is often on offer in Asda and I have seen it in Primark a lot cheaper. My husband and I never burn where we have applied the lotion but you do need to let it dry before getting dressed as it does stain.
2) Sunglasses- We must protect our eyes from the UV Rays, it stops sun damage and also they make a good fashion accessory.
3) Beach Bag- Because they look so summery and usually plastic lined and look so much better by the pool than a handbag and I can usually get my husband to carry it if it is not too feminine
4) Bronzer & Lipstick- My favourite Bronzer is the Younique one which also doubles up as an eye shadow and choose a favourite lipstick/gloss of your choice.
5) Kimono- I have three in different colours and they make great cover ups around the pool, or you can wear over a strappy vest top during the day or over a dress in the evening.
6) A pair of flat comfy shoes/sandals – If you are sight- seeing you need to be comfortable whether that is a pair of converse, Birkenstocks, Flip Flops or just sandals
7) Light Coat/Jacket- Something in place of a coat on those cooler days this could be a lightweight fleece, cardigan, jacket or blazer
8) Scarves – Choose ones that goes with most outfits in your colour pallet, this makes a great accessory and is always handy if there is air conditioning
9) Bikini or swimsuit – Invest in one that suits you and if you are not daring enough for a bikini choose a tankini which if you are tall is a lot easier to wear than a one piece
10) Tickets, Money & Passport
These are my top ten essential items not to forget to pack when making a trip to the sun.